Want to be a part of it all? Great! We’d love to have you.
Choose the membership rate that works for you
The folks who pay this little extra support the scholarship and program development. They make the starving hacker rate possible.
This rate covers all of the associate core member costs and support costs for programs. Plus a little extra for to subsidize folks who need it.
This rate is for students, public school teachers, unemployed/underemployed, etc.*
Space in this scholarship is limited. Submit an application to be considered.
Ace Makerspace is an all-volunteer organization. We foster an air of collaboration and respect, so bring your energy and enthusiasm. There are two types of dues-paying participants, full members and member applicants (known as provisional members). Everyone starts out as provisional**.
The sign-up process
As with many things our sign-up process has had to shift to accommodate the “new normal” as we all manage COVID-19 safety. For questions about his process please email [email protected]
The process below goes into effect July 16th
- Take the How Ace Makerspace Works Virtual Class – See our calendar for a schedule of events and RSVP links
- Get COVID-19 Safety Certified – Virtual Process
- Set up your membership account online – (aka pay dues)
- Fill out your paperwork and load up your photo to your account profile
- Get door Code and Come Get a fob – Either from the no-contact Pickup box or at a 1:1 tour
- Send your new FOB number for activation
- 24/7 access to the space
- Access to an amazing set of tools and technology + network of expertise
- Participation and voice in a growing community
- Access to locker rental, honor stores and more
- Access to members-only content on the website
- A COVID-19 safety-trained community
Learn more about AMT Culture and Safety
- Make a monthly contribution of effort
- Be 18 years old or older
- Leave it cleaner than you found it
- Follow the social contract
- Pay your dues on time
- The Ace Makerspace community uses a Slack Workspace to connect with each other as well as get help from volunteer staff.
- Our Slack Workspace is publically accessible and you can join by inviting yourself via this form.
- Want to come on a tour? Check the calendar for the next 1:1**** Tour and RSVP to book a spot. You can also ask a volunteer for a tour by joining our Slack Workspace and asking if anyone is available.
Ace Makerspace is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be intentionally creating a diverse community.
*The Scholarship program is a subset of the Starving Hacker rate. Space is limited in the Scholarship program. Acceptance into the program doesn’t lock in a guarantee of the $45 rate longer than 1-year, though the rate may be extended at the discretion of Ace Makerspace. Response times to applications are usually between 7 and 14 days.
**”Membership account” means a payment account on this website; it does not refer to full membership in the corporation known as Ace Makerspace.
***A recent recognizable picture for our non-public Member Directory is required for membership. This picture is never shared with the public, and it’s removed from the directory once your membership is no longer active.
**** In terms of tours 1:1 means one tour guide to one germ pod of no more than three people. Please see COVID-19 Safety program.
Membership Activation. Ace Makerspace is volunteer-run. Key fob activation once all the sign-up criteria are met can take anywhere from 2 to 48 hours based on volunteer availability. Check your email if you don’t get expected confirmation communications or ping [email protected] via email.
Membership Cancellation. All members control their own membership accounts including cancellation. Cancellations are not prorated and all billing is in 1-month increments. Membership it tied to access and not use and refunds based on lack of use are usually not provided. Instructions for canceling or suspended memberships are on the Ace Makerspace Wiki.