Join us at Ace Monster Toys on Monday, August 22 at 7:00 PM for a free public class on 3d modelling using Google Sketchup.
Sketchup is a free (sort of) cross-platform 3d modelling program which is great for quickly turning your ideas into reality.
What will be covered:
- Installing and configuring Sketchup
- Use of each standard tool
- Creation and manipulation of various shapes and primitives
- Maintaining model integrity
- Exporting models for laser cutting / 3d printing
What may be covered depending on time/interest:
- Exporting scenes for 3rd party rendering
- Creating blueprints of your model
- Gears and Joints
What you should bring:
- A laptop with Sketchup so you can follow along
Cost: FREE! If you learn something you find useful donations to AMT are always accepted! If I make you stupider, you get nothing. Sorry.
How to RSVP: Our meetup page, so we know how many people to expect